Trek to Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib
DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for a mind soothing trek to the mystical land called Valley of Flowers, World’s highest Gurudwara #Hemkund and the last habituated village before #Tibet on NH58. Stimulate a new traveler inside you in this #backpacking trip.
Non-refundable advance: Rs.3500
Reporting place: Haridwar
Remaining amount to be paid during #trip.
04:00 – Reach #Haridwar. You can take 12205 Nanda Devi Express from #Delhi to reach here.
05:00 – Catch bus/jeep for Badrinath. Enjoy the beautiful road journey along the river #Alaknanda. On the way we will come across holy places like Devprayag, Rudraprayag etc.
18:00 – Reach Badrinath and and enjoy the night in this holy town. We can go for darshan in evening.
This is a relaxing/acclimatization day. We will explore Mana village which is the last inhabited village on the road leading to #Badrinath. Later drive to #Govindghat (one hour) which is the embarking point of the trek. We will see streams flowing through the road and roaring river alongside the road.
05:30 – Start trekking towards Ghangaria. This is 14 km uphill trek and needs 7-8 hrs to complete. We will do it with ease while enjoying the nearby #scenery. Trekking along River Pushpavati for first 9 kms is amazingly #beautiful. The last 4 kms are slightly steeper. Some rare species of birds and tailless rats can be seen here.
14:00 – Reach Ghangaria and check-in hotel. Hotels in Ghangaria serve very tasty north indian food.
07:00 – Start trekking to Sri Hemkund Sahib. The high altitude lake at 13500 ft is a treat for nature lovers. This 6 km #trek is quite steep but worth it with sights of #flowers like blue poppies, vajradanti and brahmakamal.
17:00 – Come back to Ghangaria and enjoy the rest of the #evening as per the convenience of group.
06:00 – Early breakfast and then enter and the valley of flowers checkpoint. Your ears are blessed with sounds of chirping birds and rhythmic flowing water with no pollution. We will have packed lunch at the Pushpawati River bed.
14:00 – Start #trekking back to Ghangaria
17:00 – Come back to #Ghangaria and enjoy the rest of evening as per the convenience of group.
08:00 – Start trekking back to Govindghat.
15:00 – Have #lunch at Govindghat. Govindghat is a peaceful place to stroll in evening. Also enjoy the tea and prasad at Gurudwara
06:00 – Take the first bus to Haridwar
18:00 – Reach Haridwar before evening. We will do some shopping or time pass in Haridwar till midnight. Trip ends here and you can take 12206 Nanda Devi Express to Delhi at midnight
– Virtually all expenses from Haridwar to Haridwar
– Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and refreshments
– Accommodation expenses
– Travel expenses in bus, jeep etc from Haridwar onwards
– Entry charges at Valley of Flowers
– Trekking Guidance
Expectations from this trip:
– This is a #backpack trip. We will #travel in public transport/shared jeep etc. We will choose place of accommodation based on group’s opinion and the expertise of group leader.
– Expect only simple vegetarian meals (sometimes eggs) in your package.
– Drinking and smoking is not allowed in trip for two logical reason. First – we are going to a place which is considered sacred by Hindus and Sikhs and we don’t want to hurt their sentiment. Secondly drinking is not recommended in any trek and smoking can be dangerous due to sudden change in altitude. Please don’t debate further on this issue.
– Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
– Respect the local people and their #culture. We try to learn more from them about the place.
– Most of our decision will be based on group’s opinion but the decision of group leader will be final. You are expected to proactively involved in helping the team.
There are no enquiries yet.